80/20 Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Perth’s no-gi Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu specialists

Experienced Instructors

Experienced Instructors

Personalised Attention

Personalised Attention

Friendly Training Partners

Friendly training-partners

Welcome to Perth’s friendliest BJJ gym. Do you want to learn BJJ, the world’s most pragmatic and effective martial art? You’ve come to the right place. We can teach you how to defend yourself on the ground while becoming fitter, stronger and more mobile.

Our gym culture distinguishes us from the other BJJ clubs in Perth. We welcome newcomers and have a genuine interest in helping you to become the best grappler you can be. You’ll feel included from day one and will feel confident that your team-mates are looking out for your safety.

We provide superior instruction in BJJ. To improve, we must change, and this means breaking with tradition when there is a better way. All group classes are no-gi (shorts and rash-guard), rather than gi (belt and kimono). ADCC and EBI are the future of BJJ. We focus on the techniques that are proven to be most effective at a high level, which means our emphasis is different from what you may have experienced at other schools.

Free trial class?

Modern science-based learning

Students attending

Our instructors have experience teaching, mentoring and tutoring at the primary, high school, TAFE and university levels. Our main instructor has over a decade of experience in coaching BJJ.

How you train matters more than what you train when improving quickly in BJJ. The traditional approach is to practise techniques with a fully compliant partner and then attempt to successfully perform these techniques against a fully resisting opponent in a roll. We specialise in the more modern approach of refining your techniques against a partner providing progressively increasing technical resistance.

Our gym is named for the 80/20 (Pareto) principle. The 80/20 principle tells us that if you have ten techniques, you’ll typically use two of those techniques 80% of the time and the remaining eight techniques 20% of the time. This principle guides us to focus our training time on the techniques, concepts and strategies that will yield the most results in the fastest time.

Large mat area

Large mat area

We have 200 sq metres of mat-space for BJJ, as well as a smaller upstairs matted area for kids’ BJJ. When you’re in the zone, it’s nice to have the space to spread out and move without bumping into your neighbours.

Timetable

MonTueWedThuFriSat
MMA-kids
6 - 6:40pm
MMA-kids
5:50 - 6:30pm
BJJ-kids
6 - 6:40pm
BJJ-kids
5:50 - 6:30pm
BJJ-kids
10 - 10:45am
BJJ

6:45 - 8:15pm
BJJ

6:45 - 8:15pm
BJJ

6:45 - 8:15pm
Open mat

5:30 - 7pm
BJJ

11am - 1pm

Location

Where next?

We offer competitive prices.

More info on classes.

How is our training different?